Visa Advice | SI-UK University Fair Azerbaijan

Visa Advice and Procedures

SI-UK’s experienced visa consultants are registered with the Home Office.

Student Visa Procedures

If you wish to study at a UK university, college and language school then you will need to apply for a visa. Applying for a visa is normally the last hurdle in the admissions process; however it is essential that students start preparing for it immediately, saving stress later in time.

What do I need for my visa application?

Before preparing your application, you will need a number of different documents (all original copies) to prove who you say you are. These include:

  • Your current passport and any previous passports that you have, that contain a UK visa
  • Two passport photos which meet the requirements of the Home Office
  • Financial documents which prove you have the required funds available to you
  • If you are being officially financially sponsored you will need a letter from your sponsor confirming the sponsorship arrangements
  • Evidence of previous qualifications

If you are deemed to be in a low-risk country by the Home Office, you might not even need to send in all of the above to obtain your visa. Be sure to have them ready though, just in case. All visa application forms are now available on the Home Office online portal.

Two-year post-study work visa

In 2019 the UK Government announced that from 2020/21, international students who successfully complete an undergraduate degree in the UK may stay in the country for a further two years.

The new scheme aims to provide greater opportunities to international students who wish to remain in the UK after the successful completion of their degree and, after issuing over 250,000 Tier 4 study visas to international students wishing to study in the UK last year - 13% higher than the preceding 12 months - the UK remains a premier global study destination.

Attend the SI-UK University Fair Online

Learn more about all aspects of studying in the UK by meeting 35+ UK universities at the SI-UK University Fair Online. Register today for free entry and don't miss out on your chance to speak to universities one-to-one from the comfort of your home.

Types of Student Visa

  Who can apply?
Tier 4 (Child) Student You can apply as a child student under Tier 4 of the points based system if you are between the ages of 4 and 17. If you are between 4-15 years old you must be coming to the UK to be educated at an independent fee-paying school.
Child Visitor You can apply for a child visitor visa if you are 17 years old or under and want to study in the UK for up to 6 months.

You cannot switch to a Tier 4 child visa. If you want to apply for a Tier 4 child visa you must apply from your home country.
Tier 4 (General) Student You can apply as an adult student under Tier 4 (General) of the points-based system if you are coming to the UK for your post-16 education.
Student Visitor You can apply as a student visitor if you are 18 years old or over, you want to study in the UK for up to 6 months, and you do not want to work while you are here.

You cannot switch and apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa while you are in the UK. If you want to apply for a Tier 4 (General) student visa, you must apply from the country you live in.
Prospective Student You can apply as a prospective student if you want to come to the UK to help you decide which course to study, or if you plan to start a course of study within 6 months.

You will be able to switch and apply for a Tier 4 (General) or Tier 4 (Child) student visa while you are in the UK.
© 2024 SI-UK |

All rights reserved

| Privacy Policy
© 2024 SI-UK |

All rights reserved

| Privacy Policy