Prepare for the UK University Fair
Prepare for the UK University Fair in Manchester by asking the right questions to UK universities. Register for free entry today.
Make sure you are ready for the largest University Fair in the UK
Attending a UK University Fair is the best way to gather information from a number of different sources about where it is you should study in the UK. By following the below advice, you can make the most of your day at the UK University Fair.
30 UK universities are in attendance at each UK University Fair Manchester, and admissions officers will be able to answer all your questions on courses, entry requirements and fees. However, it is also important to do your own research before the event so you can ask the right questions.
Research courses and universities
Begin by looking into which universities offer the course you wish to study, and make a shortlist. There are over 65,000 courses in the SI-UK database, so have a search and see what you might you like to study!
I have found a course, what next?
Check who is attending the UK University Fair, and then make a note of important factors to consider such as:
- Course length
- Fee structure
Doing tasks such as this now will save you time when it comes to attending the Fair on the day an SI-UK's international team will also be able to assist you if you are feeling nervous.
What should I ask the universities?
Although you can find plenty of information about the universities on their website, there are still things you won’t find online. Here are some suggestions about what to ask when meeting universities at the Manchester UK University Fair.
- What are my chances of getting admitted on to the course?
- Are there any additional requirements for the course?
- Does the course offer internship opportunities?
- What are my potential career prospects?
- Is it possible to do a semester abroad? If so, which countries and universities?
- Am I eligible for any scholarships?
- What support services (counselling/career and employability/health etc.) are available?
- What are the areas around or near the campus like in terms of accommodation and travel?
- What sports facilities are available on campus?